With NodeJS being a low-level platform, it is not a framework by itself. This leads us to a challenge of how we can organize code, parse requests, send back responses, use template engines, implement authentication, validation, connect to databases among other things without solving those problems by ourselves?
For many years now, NodeJS developers' choice of web framework is ExpressJS.
After taking this course, you can start mastering ExpressJS by building RESTful APIs for your single-page applications (powered by AngularJS, ReactJS, BackboneJS, or any other front-end framework). With ExpressJS, developers can easily organize their code (middleware pattern), add more functionality (npm modules), and configure the server (configuration over convention).
Moreover, Express is mature and very stable so that it's a default choice for small companies and large enterprises. Even more advanced frameworks, like Sails or Loopback, extend ExpressJS (i.e., they depend on Express). Therefore, learning ExpressJS first is a valuable investment, because you can apply the same skills and existing ExpressJS middleware to more advanced frameworks.
This course comes with series of lectures and practicum. The benefits of ExpressWorks course and practicum (ExpressWorks - the automated workshop) include:
- Get a basic understanding how Express works
- Build a few straightforward apps which introduce the core concepts
- Become confident enough to start building your own REST APIs for SPAs
- Become proficient enough to develop traditional web apps (server-side rendering)
- Spend time coding, not watching boring videos with hands-on automated workshop
- See the real code from an actual, large application built with ExpressJS, MongoDB/Mongoose, and BackboneJS — HackHall.
Start mastering Express.js now.
New courses available ONLY to our premium members. Become a premium member and get access to this course.